Fine lines and wrinkles arise because of irregular thickening of the dermis and because of a decrease in the amount of water held by the epidermis.
The following may affect the exacerbation of lines and wrinkles:
- Ageing – as you age, your skin becomes less clear and more wrinkles are visible.
- Using too many skin products – some skin care products can irritate skin and cause inflammation.
- Skipping sunscreen – UV rays are a known cause for exacerbating the aging process
- Cigarettes – smoking cigarettes can contribute to skin ageing, including wrinkles?
- Leaving your makeup on overnight – sleeping with your makeup on can speed up the ageing process, leaving you with fine lines and wrinkles.
- Air pollution –Toxins in the air cause wrinkles, dark spots and blemishes as well as premature ageing.
- Night time routine – Your sleeping position can play a significant role in developing wrinkles and fine lines. Often referred to as ‘side sleeping wrinkles’ these small folds are formed during the night as a result of squeezing your face against the pillow and are very likely to become permanent.
- Bad food choices – a well-balanced diet has as much impact on your complexion appearance as your lifestyle and genes.
ChromaDerm Aesthetics know what beautiful, healthy skin looks like – i is radiant, unblemished, smooth and exudes vitality. However, we can also see that when a client is tired, stressed or eating a poor diet…they have unhealthy, dull skin, which affects how they feel about themselves. Breathing, relaxing and sleeping can also reduce levels of the stress hormone, cortisol, which has been found to accelerate the ageing process (Epel et al, 2009).
The biggest joy when helping our clients improve their skin inside out is when they feel healthy, happy, vital and beautiful. People often take their skin for granted and slap creams on their faces in a rush. As well as many other negative effects on the body, smoking cigarettes affects the skin by depleting levels of collagen generating vitamins C and A, which causes premature signs of ageing. The results are thickened, dry skin and an increased risk of skin cancers.
Book a confidential skin consultation to assess and discuss the most appropriate treatment package suitable for your skin condition. Treatments can include Specially Formulated Peels, Cosmeceuticals, Micro Dermal Needling, Protein Rich Plasma Facials “Vampire Facials”, Medical Grade Plasma Fibroblast are products suitable for targeting this complaint.