Micro-needling is also sometimes referred to as Collagen Induction Therapy and is described as a skin rejuvenation procedure, intended to improve the skin’s appearance.
ChromaDerm uses the SkinPen® device which works by rapidly creating between hundreds to thousands of ultra-precise “micro” punctures in the skin’s dermis (underlayer of the skin) every second…these punctures work to stimulate the skin’s natural healing ability, automatically triggering new collagen production. Collagen is an essential element for the skin’s elasticity and youthful, glowing appearance which is why this procedure is so effective. The SkinPen is designed to prompt production of natural collagen without causing any scar tissue to form which means that the result is more vibrant, clear skin, correcting any imperfections, using the skin’s own healing power.
There are three phases to the wound-repair process in the skin:
- Phase I: Inflammation Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation The wound is rebuilt with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
SkinPen® is the only FDA (Food and Drug Administration) approved micro-needling device in the world. Unlike many other alternatives, SkinPen® works effectively on all shades of skin ranging from very dark to very light skin, which means more people can benefit. It has also been proven to be successful on both men and women to improve the appearance and youthful look of the skin.
The variable depth (25mm to 5mm) of Precision Lift provide significant versatility to create change in many areas of the body, including the face, neck, chest, arms, hands, legs, abdomen and back.
SkinPen® is a micro skin treatment designed to stimulate your skin’s natural ability to repair itself.
By creating a series of hundreds of vertical microscopic channels into the dermis (the top layer of your skin), SkinPen stimulates the natural production of new collagen and elastin – producing excellent skin rejuvenation results with little or no downtime. Your skin will look and feel healthier!
As the safest, the most effective vertical micro-needling device on the micro skin treatment market, SkinPen has many advantages:
- The pen stimulates natural healing using your own body.
- No chemicals or medications are injected into your skin or body.
- Can be used on all parts of the body including face, neck, décolletage, arms, hands, legs, abdomen and back
- Can be performed on all skin colours and skin types.
- Treats fine lines, Wrinkles, Acne scars, Hyperpigmentation, Stretch marks and many other skin texture conditions
- Minimally invasive treatment.
- Used to target small areas or used across the entire face.
- Provides little to no downtime
- Total treatment time takes less than 1 hour from start to finish (including topical numbing of the skin)
- You start to see results almost immediately – within the next days after treatment.
- Can be used as a standalone procedure, but can also be used in combination with serums or mesotherapy.
What is the SkinPen?
SkinPen® also known as Precision Lift, is a new procedure that uses a medical grade micro-needling device to stimulate the body’s collagen production due to the 98K RPMs. It is the only FDA approved device currently available within the UK, and ChromaDerm will not compromise any quality they offer to clients by using cheaper options.
Will it Work for Me?
SkinPen® is effective for all skin types as it doesn’t affect the epidermis, which is where the skin pigment resides. Skin pigment is when the melanocytes (which give your skin pigment) become damaged or unhealthy, causing various pigmentation disorders. But, as the SkinPen avoids the epidermis, it means people with pigmentation disorders can still enjoy the benefits of the treatment.
Following your treatment, what should you expect?
Following your SkinPen treatment, you will find that the skin is a little pink and will feel warm – as though you have been slightly sunburned. This effect will reduce within 24 hours.
You may also notice that the skin feels tighter. This is perfectly normal and the feeling may continue for a couple of days. Your practitioner will advise you on full aftercare.
Injections on the face can trigger the cold sore virus. If you are a sufferer, you must advise us in advance of treatment. If you are planning to attend a special event when a bruise, should it occur, would be unacceptable to you. Some over the counter medicines and supplements can also affect bleeding (make you more prone to bruising) as can alcohol- which should be avoided the day before and after treatment. Vigorous exercise, sun exposure, sun beds, sauna should be avoided for 48 hours, or as advised by your practitioner after treatment.
Following 1 Treatment
Following 2 Treatments
Following 6 Treatments